1.26.2010

Slow start

Day numero dois of the 30 Day Challenge was a little slow and a little unmotivated but I made relatively good choices. The day started with me sleeping in a bit too much for my liking but I suppose that just means that's what my body needed.

A morning for me would normally consist of a cup or two of coffee with either vanilla soy milk or regular milk. No sugar...I am sweet enough. ;) And then I would also normally have a piece or two of wheat toast with peanut butter and honey. I am sucker for peanut butter. It's filling and delicious and just warms me up inside. Same goes with my coffee.

Well this morning I chose a little different route and opted for a small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds, my second favorite cereal...the first being plain ol' Cheerios and a raspberry yogurt. Instead of my comforting coffee I had not one but two yummy cups of tea. Tea is supposed to satiate your hunger and have good antioxidants so that's a plus compared to the java.

For lunch a I had my own healthier version of Huevos Rancheros with NO CHEESE! Mine consisted of a wheat tortilla, 2 tablespoons of fat free refried beans,1 tablespoon of roasted red pepper hummus, 2 scrambled eggs with hot sauce and organic salsa. It was 'muy sobroso'. A little orange juice to wash
it down and a clementine to snack on later on in the day.

For a little activity to get the blood moving, I moved boxes in and out of my mom's house to help her in packing up the house for the big California move.

I don't know if it is bad that I am always planning my next meal but I am. So once all my packing was done for the day it was time to get some dinner ideas. I wanted to make something that was flavorful, hearty and a little bit of that comfort food we crave on those snowy, cold days. I found a healthy recipe with a ton of veggies for a Tuscan Vegetable Soup and Sweet Potato Wedges.



My guinea pigs a.k.a. my family enjoyed the meal which is always a good thing! I will totally make that dinner again as it was not only easy but good for you! Now I will admit that I did not work out today but I WILL do pilates tomorrow morning to have an even better day feel fresh and new.



beijos...

No comments:

Post a Comment